10.04.2003

Rising in the Fall

Well, autumn is here, and it has been ages since I posted on here. So many changes have happened.

I went away for the summer. This is good, people!! It's been at least 2 years since I traveled before this August, which I spent in the Dominican Republic. I had such a good time there with my girls.

I even tripped up and met a guy there (big surprise). I use those parenthetical remarks for two reasons. 1) If you know anything about me, then you know it's really not all that hard for me to meet a guy. I'm quite friendly, and; 2) If you've ever been to the Dominican Republic and you're a woman, then you know how friendly the men are there. So, all in all, I suppose it was bound to happen.

His name, for the purposes of anonymity on this blog, is B. I don't know what it is about B, but he is special to me. He and I hit it off from the get-go, and stayed hitting it off. Throughout my stay, we spent a lot of time together, and it was hard for us to part when my trip ended.

He and I are still in touch. I wonder where we will go together.

I have also begun my second year as a teacher. And, oh my Goddess, what a big difference from last year!!! Actually the whole atmosphere of the school is different than before. Throngs of little wannabe thugs roamed the hallways, destroying bulletin boards and defacing classroom doors along the way. This year, the school is so much calmer, as an institution of learning should be.

The change in administration really made a difference. I really feel like our prinicipal is in our corner instead of against us this year. Of course, there are still wrinkles to be ironed out, but when isn't there when major changes take place.

I've also decided that I will be posting a lot more of my thoughts as they come to me on this site. I am officially (sniffle) taking down my other website, JennyKinscy.com. While it was a great idea and undertaking, it has become a giant dinosaur of a site (aka a giant pain in the ass). So, I'm willing to start freshly with this blog.

I spent this summer doing things, especially relaxing and "getting back in touch with myself." Hokey though it may sound, it was exactly what I needed. It was necessary for me to go inward to find out just what elements I absolutely need in my life. I was surprised at how much I could actually do without.

Because of that, I've come to realize that there's one essential thing for me now: simplicity. I want my life to be as simple as possible.

In the past I've done lots of talking about clearing clutter. And, damn, that really caught on in my life. Since I started, I see how much I really crave it in my life. I cleared out physical junk from my closets, cabinets and drawers, and things are flowin', y'all!! So much so, that I am able move to the level of emotional and spiritual clearing as well.

I have so much hope about things now. I have a good feeling about my future, wherever that may take me. And, I don't feel as much anxiety as I had in the past.

I'll continue to let you know how it goes for me.

Until then,

Blessings

J

(c) 2003, Jenny Kinscy and JennyKinscy.com, All Rights Reserved.





No comments: